Terms and Conditions
1. Payment of the course confirms everyone on the booking form accepts these booking conditions.
2. Confirmation Your invoice confirms what you have booked. Please check it, including dates, location and child details. Responsibility for all booking details lies with the person who made the booking. If your invoice is not what you expected please tell us within 2 working days, we’ll change it if we can, or refund you if we can’t.
3. Offers Our pricing policy generally works on the basis that the earlier you book the better the price. However, from time to time we may have a special offer that will make the price cheaper than you paid; in these circumstances, upon request, we will honour this new price for your booking.
4. Horizon Sports Ltd reserve the right to cancel the course at any time and should they do so will notify parents in writing and issue a full refund in regards to any dates of the booking that have not been completed.
5. Horizon Sports Ltd reserves the right to cancel or make amendments to any booking and will notify parents should this occur.
6. Any amendments or cancellations by parents/guardians must be made within 14 days of the start date of the course your child is attending. A full refund will only be issued if the cancellation is made 14 days prior to the start of the course. This is because when booking Horizon Sports will reserve your place and the result of that may mean that on popular courses other parents and children are prevented from booking. Should a cancellation be made after 14 days Horizon Sports will issue a credit note allowing you to book another day in the future. Please note that if your child does not attend on the day of your booking and Horizon Sports have not been notified by telephone or in writing before the start of the course then no credit note will be issued.
7. Horizon Sports reserve the right to exclude any child for any reason at its absolute discretion, including late collection; we are only registered to have children on site until 5pm. No refund will be made for days missed and no compensation will be made for any other costs or losses incurred as a result.
8. Liability and Personal Property Horizon Sports does not accept liability for personal injury or the death of any person unless directly caused by the proven negligence of the company or its servants, in this event our liability insurance provides cover of up to £2 million. Horizon Sports accept no liability for loss of any personal belongings or damage to personal belongings as a result of attending the course.
9. Parents/guardians agree to ensure their child attends the course in suitable clothing for the day, It is recommended parents/guardians bring children in loose fitting comfortable clothing suitable for physical activities. It is recommended children bring a hat and sun cream during hot days. It is recommend parents/guardians apply sun cream prior to the start of the day and show children how to apply sun cream throughout the day.
10. Children should bring a water bottle and a packed lunch for the day. Horizon Sports do not provide lunch and therefore parents will need to supply a packed lunch and drinks. Horizon Sports will provide water for children to refill their drink bottle throughout the day. Parents/Guardians need to ensure staff are made aware about any allergies or conditions prior to the start of the course to ensure appropriate arrangements can be made to accommodate the child. Any Medicine should be passed to the camp manager on the morning so that it can be labelled and stored in the appropriate area.
11. Parents/Guardians should ensure that they can collect their child swiftly at the end of the course. We advise parents/guardians arrive 15 minutes before the course finishes to collect their child. Parents agree to sign in and sign out their child or arrival and departure. Please note that should parents be over 15 minutes late then Horizon Sports reserves the right to charge parents and additional £5 per 30 minutes when collecting their child.
12. Photography/Video footage We may take photographs and video footage at camp to use for training and promotional purposes. To exclude your child we must be informed in writing before your child begins at camp.
13. Horizon Sports reserves the right to make amendments to the terms and conditions at any point. Horizon Sports will display the terms and conditions on our website.
14. Health and Safety In order to maintain appropriate standards of health and safety, children with certain medical or physical conditions or those who cannot demonstrate the required skill competence may not be allowed to participate in some activities. In such cases we will always provide alternative activities.
15. Your Child’s Information At the time of booking full and accurate information about the child’s DOB, medical, physical or behavioural matters, or any other additional needs must be provided. Failure to do so may result in the child being excluded from certain activities. In some circumstances we may have to cancel the booking and no refund will be paid.
16. In case of an emergency, I grant permission for my child to receive first aid/ treatment at hospital.
17. Child Protection Horizon Sports Ltd staff have a duty to respond if they suspect a child may be suffering from or makes a disclosure about abuse. In this event staff will contact the relevant local authority and act on their advice.
18. Policies and Procedures Copies of Horizon Sports Ltd policies and procedures are held at camp and are available on request.
19. Complaints Horizon Sports Ltd is committed to ensuring every child has such an amazing experience they can’t wait to come back. If you or your child are not entirely satisfied with the service we provide, then we want to be the first to know. If there’s a problem while your child is still at the camp we can almost always resolve it. If we hear of a problem after a child has left camp we will take great care to look into the matter, but cannot change the situation after the event, so please talk to the Camp Manager promptly if you have any complaint. If your child is still at camp and the problem persists please contact our Admin Team. If the problem is still not resolved, please write to our Office within 10 days of your child’s last day with us. You can be assured that your complaint will be taken very seriously. Refunds and compensation will only be made if Horizon Sports is proven to have been in breach of these terms and conditions, and it is proven further that they were not capable of remedying that breach and as a result the child was withdrawn from the camp. Please note: verbal abuse of office or camp staff will not be tolerated and bookings cancelled with immediate effect.